In response to the rapidly spreading COVID-19 in urban areas, a “state of emergency” was declared according to the law on April 7th for seven prefectures including Tokyo.
The issuance of CEP (Central Nippon Expressway Pass) is temporarily suspended to comply with the declaration.
It is uncertain when the service will resume.
(The suspension of issuance is scheduled to continue until the declaration of a state of emergency is terminated.)
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Below are points of attention from NEXCO
- Please do not make new reservation or apply for CEP from this point onwards.
- CEP can be used if you have already made a reservation. (It is not subject to compulsory cancellation)
- Should there be incidents in which you have difficulties making decisions at a rental car company, please make inquiries to contacts that have been notified to all companies.
- It is uncertain when the service will resume. Further information will be announced at a later date, as soon as future prospects become clear.
- As for passes for foreign travelers to Japan other than JEP, car rental companies will be informed from related representatives.
Regarding temporary suspension of CEP (Central Nippon Expressway Pass) issuance
- Regarding temporary suspension of CEP (Central Nippon Expressway Pass) issuance
Regarding temporary suspension of CEP (Central Nippon Expressway Pass) issuance - Budget Rent a Car